Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Tancred - first day at a new job

Finally started my new job today - Network analyst at Queen Margaret University. It's all a bit of a mess at the moment. The University has just started to move from buildings scattered across the city to a new purpous built campus. At the moment it's a building site with a small area for the IT group to work in.Yup I have a hard hat and safety vest to walk around in.

My first task is to learn all about the BlueSocket wireless LAN solution and deploy about 100 of the access points. The cool thing is they run POE, the problem at the moment is there is noone has run any UTP to where I need to deploy them. The other "interesting feature" of the new campus is the buildings are all "green". This means all the acadamics will be working in open plan offices. I wonder how many of them know about this

3 comments:

YL said...

Tancred you would look cute in a hard hat and vest! =)

Jaime said...

Congrats T!

Unknown said...

Yay Tancred!
The job sounds great and along with YL, I vote we get to see a pic of you in builderwear soon!