Tuesday, November 6, 2007

EC - The blood - oh my god, the blood

So was walking home through Vic park late last night because I figured I'd have less distractions to finish essays in the office and I get approached by two kids waving a Coke bottle around telling me to give them my laptop. I obviously told them to go to to hell - especially when one of them didn't look older than 12. Anyway they told me to look behind me twice with nothing there before two more came around trying to intimidate me with numbers - again age no older than 15 in the four of them.

I try scaring them off myself with a few empty kicks since I really didn't see these guys as a threat and they were just kids beforeI find myself grounded from a Coke bottle thrown to my head. I was obviously bleeding but I got up and told them to bring it on. I have to wonder what I looked like getting up from what must have been a nastily split lip and a bleeding nose and still telling them to come again. Anyway they threw the bottle again and missed. I went to pick it up and walked away. Shouting was done and I went home.

I was bleeding something savage but figured - well a split lip - nothing to worry about. Come home and Kim freaks and I look in the mirror and see yeah, I should probably get that seen to. A taxi later am in the RPA waiting room... waiting. 5 hours later I'm stitched up and home again.

And the worse thing? The 5 hours in the waiting room I was forced to watch old sitcom after old sitcom interspersed with the Shopping Channel trying to convince me Air Supply was good.

7 comments:

anna said...

Nasty :(

Unknown said...

NO WAI! That sucks. Occasionally something happens to make me reconsider gaily walking through Vic Park at all hours of the day and night, and this is definitely one of them....

Wonder if these are some of the housing estate kids from Glebe that are getting some press atm? They had the riot squad out at the Peter Forsyth area a few weeks ago. Apparently it's getting seriously dodgy at times.

But geez, what idiots to go for someone who looks as solid as Euge! Good on you for the kicks and for not giving in E - I just wish you'd managed to kick the snot out of one of 'em. (Yes, I've been in a similar situation and yes, I'm still angry about it).

Jaime said...

Jeez, well apart from the hospital trip and cuts and bruises, glad to hear your ok.

Re: Waiting room

At least you didn't have Dog the bounty hunter marathon running while you waited to be seen.

falsedan said...

Air Supply? You poor man.

Glebe has always been dodgy: Kirsten's handbag was snatched on Glebe Point Road, I've had kids hassling me, and the shopkeepers always have problems with dumb punks. But at least the police don't drive riot vans through the park asked everyone if they're a local and what they are doing out (woo SheBu)

YL said...

Gah! That's terrible Eugene.

I coulda stitched you up a lot quicker. Maybe. =)

A Sydney Foodie said...

Bummer. :-(

I always have doubts about walking through Vic park after dusk; and even through the uni sometimes. Being in a group doesn't help either - I think my sister & a group of friends got mugged for their mobiles & wallets whilst in there.

bez said...

Glad you're OK, Euge.

I'm with FD on this - Air Supply and Shopping Channel? Monsters!