Wednesday, November 14, 2007

falsedan - I got a job

Went for my interview today at 11. I was a little concerned that my appearance may cause the interviewers to negatively favour me, but interviewer Andrew:
  1. is from Newcastle (NSW, not -Upon-Tyne)

  2. has shoulder-length hair dyed black and a lip piercing

  3. is wearing an untucked casual shirt and boots

We launched into general nerd-talk, and I made a good impression… so good that he called at 2 asking me to come back and meet the CEO and the rest of the team. The CEO is a New Zealander, and is business partners with an anaesthetist. We had a chat about BPEL and I mentioned SOAP, which impressed the project manager. There is one other guy, the actual
programmer, who was busy programming. I went home for dinner and to give them time to come to a decision.

Got a call just now asking me to start on Thursday, hooray!

Tancred I think you have to be less evil. Are you evil? I'm not evil.

8 comments:

Tancred said...

A job?! Hurrah!

And what do you mean i'm evil?

Tancred said...

Oh and does your company need a network designer/analyst?

falsedan said...

I never said that, it was a question!

Not right at this moment, although they do want to set up an DMZ soon

Also how the holy hells do get my timezone to change??????? QUO

Jaime said...

Congrats FD.

Also Tancred = Evil. I believe we proved this several years back while doing a comparison study. ;)

Danzilla said...

Nice one. Congrats, and I hope the job is bags o' fun.

Dave said...

Congrats FD, what is the actual job and do they need a CSO type of guy who does not have EU cititenship to sponser

falsedan said...

sorry dave that's my job

I will start talking up the benefits of expanding into the US/AU

YL said...

Go dan go! =) do they need doctors in your company?