Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tancred - It's far too hot today!

It was -8° when I headed off to work today. Once at work the lazy bum of a sun finally come up over the horizon and raised the temperature to an almost balmy -7°. Everywhere there is a thick 1-2cm of frost and ice along with black ice lying in wait on the footpaths. No idea where the gritters were this morning.

What has made the day truly special is that last night the server room A/C froze up and now one of the chillers has a large crack in the side. No cold air for us :( At the moment it’s 45° in the server room and the rest of the building has no heating. If only we had a window in the server room to open.

4 comments:

falsedan said...

ice, snow, nowhere to go

Jaime said...

Lost in the blinding whitness of the tundraaaa?

45°?! Thats insanity! Did your sever melt? Did you have to fill it full of ice-cream?

falsedan said...

pizza boxes, dawwwwwg

wah I want a cheezy calzone/heart attack inna box

Tancred & Evelyn I am visiting in January to collect my coronary artery disease and also a jumper

Unknown said...

You have real-life, honest-to-goodness gritters? I would love to see a picture. I've seen them salting the roads in France, but I imagine Gritters to be hard-bitten individuals swathed in woollen scarves with smudges on cheeks and a big sack marked GRIT on their backs...