Friday, December 21, 2007

YL - It's the moon. And bunnies.

I've caught the skiing bug and more importantly for the first time, taken to the sport like a duck to freezing water! I am proud to be able to say that I skiied on the glacier by myself in the Austrian Alps! Ok blue beginner slope but wow for only 10 hrs total of Ski School over 3 days that's really not bad. Only pain I had was from my flat feet.

There are no trees up at 3000m and it really looks like the moon. Flickr pictures to come.

Who wants to go skiing in Australia next year?

Also, I will be learning bunny jokes in German. My friend Andrea died laughing the other night .... rabbit = kanichien. I am also attempting to learn some German but it is strangely harder than Italian.

I have a theory that people who understand my bunny jokes will make good friends. Anyone want to test this hypothesis? We can try in various languages. "Tu Zi Tu Zi!!!" Also, she has a doona cover from Ikea that is supposed to be wiggly heart shapes but seriously, it looks like BUNNIES!!

4 comments:

falsedan said...

yenli are you a snow bunnie now or what exactly is the deal here

germanic languages are hard, romance languages are easier

YL said...

but English is germanic?

and hehe maybe I am a snow bunny ....

snei kaninchien ... mwhahaha ...

falsedan said...

but English is germanic?

yes and isn't it a nightmare to learn

A Sydney Foodie said...

if we can find a free weekend, i'll go skiing with you next year.