Friday, March 7, 2008

Becstarr : Night navigation

It's a long while since I posted, so here are the main things that have happened in the interim:

* I went to the Redfern Community Centre [pic] to hear Kevin Rudd give the official apology. I'll be honest: I thought there was a good chance I'd get beaten up. Not only was I wrong, but the whole thing was done just fantastically. There was a great mixed crowd, all listening intently. Yes, follow-up will make it real, but this was an important start.

* I finished up at eLearning and moved to eLearning. That is, from central to Arts, and from Link J13 (over in Eng) to Mungo A18 (adjoining the Quad). Also from a team of 17 to a team of 3, and an office of 14 to an office of.... 1. I'm still in withdrawal from the constant buzz of an open office. I'm amazed to find myself saying it, but I think it's actually become my preferred way to work, at least in the day-to-day.

* Between the flu and the demands of starting a new job, I'm currently feeling fairly disoriented. I realise this has a lot to do with my preference for being one of the "big kids" rather than the clueless newb. I'm gradually finding out about the history, priorities, people, politics, shorthand and so on of my new area, but in the meantime I feel a little bit like I'm navigating blind...

No comments: