Monday, May 26, 2008

Ben - Meh.

On Saturday, I wasn't feeling great, so I decided to treat myself to a movie to cheer myself up. So I got on my bike and went into town, only to discover that I'd missed the opening of Iron Man, and the Indiana Jones session was on at a time when it would have overlapped with work. So I went to the other cinema in town - they'd just closed. Not for the day; forever.

So I went to the shops, and saw a copy of the third season of the new Dr. Who for $69, and I had $70 in my pocket. Then I took it to the counter, and it turned out to be $99, but the first nine was blurry and looked like a six.

Thus far, my attempt to cheer myself up had backfired rather badly. But then... then I saw at the local Lowes some decent jeans marked down to $20 a pair. And across the street from that, a closing down computer shop sold me a brand new colour printer for $30

So that's how my attempt to cheer myself up with unnecessary luxuries became a tale of careful frugality instead.

Man, I need a life.

No comments: