Sunday, August 17, 2008

YL - life is like surfing

You wait out on the ocean facing the beach and headlands. They are your distant guides - general markers of direction. Over your shoulder, you watch for the oncoming waves. Which one will you catch? You assess them & decide. Ready, you face forward - not looking back - and start paddling. If you catch this wave, you ride it. If you miss it, you catch another one.

Life is full of opportunities & events like that I think. Some waves are bigger, some are smaller. I'm not entirely sure which wave/s I'm riding at the moment, but damn life is really good for a change. I almost can't believe it's for real.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love this post, YL.

Glad to hear that things are going well :)

YL said...

thanks jen. somewhat philosophical but I have been waxing lyrical about life a lot lately .... and a lot of it I just cant explain. but it's good.