Tuesday, October 23, 2007

3 x Duck & Disappointing Play

I've had duck in a meal for three days in a row by accident. YL's party with peking duck in pancakes, sang choy bow and the duck noodles on Saturday night. A sampled wholemeal duck pancake from the Dank St Festival on Sunday, and Duck Pizza from the Australian Hotel. Dinner tonight? Not duck!

Went to see Riflemind". Sold out season, only standing room tickets available on the night. Hugo Weaving as the lead character; Jeremy Sims & Susie Porter also. I couldn't put it any better than the little old lady sitting next to me, when I heard her say during intermission:"If I were on my own, I'd go home. It's rubbish theatre." I found the characters intensely annoying and disagreeable, and only saw that there could be a human side to "John" (Hugo Weaving) at two points in the piece.

No comments: