Sunday, November 25, 2007

David - I Have Been Converted...

I suppose it was inevitable. Being a stranger in a strange land, a continuing focus on style and being surrounded by rampant consumerism... it all came to a head today when I wandered (willingly I might add) into the Apple store. I... I purchased... a Macbook Pro... years of faithful devotion to the capitalist god of Microsoft cavalierly thrown away with the simple swipe of a credit card.

Of course it doesn't actually turn up for a couple of days so I still have time to go out and purchase an adequate supply of berets...

4 comments:

falsedan said...

I have frothing demand for a 24" iMac that I can use as a TV, but they don't have DVI/HDMI inputs ;_;

Danzilla said...

We've got the Mac Mini with 24" screen in the kitchen (basically the same as the iMAc, but $1000 cheaper). No need for DVI or HDMI inputs - it plays everything we've got. I guess if you want to use it as a gaming console you might have a need.

falsedan said...

minis don't have what it takes for HIGH-END applications

oh gods will Crysis even run on a iMac

Also understanding LCD/plasma/flatscreen CRTs and pricing and budgeting and buying an external display is intimidating

still, £600 cheaper!

YL said...

I love Macs. *heart Petto*