Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tancred - Thursday stuffs

I could not work out what was different about my trip to work today, then i realised it was not dark. The sun was almost up! One great thing about being this far north is, if it's clear I can see the sunrise after i get to work.

Halfway to work Edinburgh was hit by a blizzard. Thick heavy snow blown into your face and visibility of about 8-10 metres, but in true Scottyland style it was too wet to settle :(

Once at work I had a D'oh moment. Switch port security requires TWO Mac address's to work with VoIP, not one.

2 comments:

falsedan said...

Tancred if you need an extra MAC address I can hook you up, know know I'm there for you buddy

holy shit we have a stupid network here! and I can't fix it until I finish working on all these client tickets!

also it's weird to think that even though it's going to get lighter at 7 it's going to get a lot colder over the next few months.

Tancred said...

Ah Fdan, the problem was there are 2 Mac address for each port and I told the switchz to only talk to one MAC on each portz. Bad T