Wednesday, February 13, 2008

YL - More fires, gym class, making new friends is kinda bizzare

Ok well everyone knows Broadway shopping center caught on fire. Big news at the hospital. Everyone looked at me and went "will you be able to go home this time"? Lol. Hilarious. I swear I am in fight/flight mode still. Half expecting the world to come crashing down in a physical sense.

Back at the gym now. Still dont think I can do 6.30am classes (kudos Kim) or boxing (kudos Anna & Joe). But working on it. Attended BodyPump which was good. Went to BodyJam and was totally 2 left footed for half of it. Also went swimming at Coogee Sun afternoon after dropping parents off at airport, planning another beach thing this weekend.

Making new friends is kind of bizzare. Especially doctor ones. You guys know a fair bit of the stuff I've been through. We've got history together. You guys know I'm crazy. These new people ... dont know me. Should / Can I hide this craziness? Is it even possible anyway. Maybe it's too late. I dont think I could be anything else but what I am ... and what I am ... is it a bad thing anyway? Maybe they're just normal people. Is that also even possible? I'm sure you guys dont judge me ... do you? will they? Questions without answers.

But hey at least they arent looking at me sideways like the med school students! Or looking down on me. Well not that I can tell ...

5 comments:

falsedan said...

yenli they are probably looking down at you

because you are short

and they are probably not

look up their noses, that's what I do

If they catch you, tell them I said to do it. btw, that makes this a call for "be yourself but not in front of patients"

shoshe said...

I had a similar thing when starting grad school over here -- meeting a whole new group of people can be a time to "reinvent" yourself, and try to act/do things/dress differently. But I've always found that even if you start out with the new you, you're still you, so the "reinventing" thing doesn't work anyway -- you revert to your actual self at some point. I didn't bother this time, and I've met a great bunch of kooky people. My first-year class is awesome :)

A Sydney Foodie said...

Speaking as "the crazy woman who walks around barefoot", I reckon let it all hang out. Except when talking to patients/clients.

YL said...

LOL

well yes I know to be professional etc in front of patients ... and when working etc. *chuckle* even then sometimes the singing starts .... I'll try to curb that.

and eh I suppose if the new people arent crazy enough to realise that my craziness is a good thing (is it a good thing) then maybe that's a fine thing also. Who knows?

I dont know.

I'm having a "I dont know" day when it comes to personal issues.

A Sydney Foodie said...

Well just today, I reacted in an over the top inappropriate manner when I *finally* got DA approval for my project (it was due in October 07).

The bearer of the good news got the comment "i bet you haven't gotten that kind of reaction for a long time!"

(There was a bit of squeaking in excitement as I rushed towards the bit of paper).